contact us – Abroad Studies

Contact Us

Your Name (*)

Your Email (*)


Your Message


ADDRESS: Stallion Institute of International Studies
SCO 1-2-3, Sector 8-C, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh (India)
Tel: 0172-5000081 / +91-9815999813
Email ID:


1. How much will education in NZ cost?

For 1 year course – Approximate fee is INR 5 – 6 lakhs + living expenses of INR 6.5 lakhs = INR 12 lakhs approximately.
Besides the fees, an initial amount of INR 1 lakh will cover your travel cost. Double this cost for two years course.

2. Am I allowed to work while studying?

Yes, for up to 20 hours per week and full time during vacations.

3. How long will it take to process my application?

All undergraduate applications take up to two weeks to finalize.

4. Can I apply for Permanent Residence after my studies in New Zealand?

If you successfully complete your studies in New Zealand, you become eligible for a 12 months job search visa. This visa allows you to stay in New Zealand and work full time. But the important thing is that in these 12 months you have to find a job relevant to the course you just completed.

Once you secure this you can apply for a longer work permit which is generally issued for 2 years. At this stage you will have enough points to apply for Permanent Residency.
The points are based on age, qualifications, subjects studied, years for which you have studied in New Zealand, work experience, industry, spouse qualifications and any blood relatives who are citizens or permanent residents of NZ and willing to support your application. Once you are a Permanent Resident of New Zealand, you are eligible for all social benefits from the government.
Five years after becoming a Permanent Resident you can apply for Citizenship after which a New Zealand passport can be applied for. This allows you visa free travel to many countries including UK, Australia, Canada and almost all European countries.

To know the benefits you can avail as a Permanent Resident/Citizen of New Zealand visit

5. How much funding do I need to show to get a Student Visa?

Now the big question is where you should get the required money from? We always encourage students to be honest when it comes to money matters. If your family does not have the required funds, there are many ways to raise the funds required to study in New Zealand. Some of them are:

Educational Loans: Many banks now offer education loans for overseas study. If you have property that can be pledged as a security, the chances of a getting an education loan are very high.

Sponsorship: Sponsors for study can include family members and friends. So funds can be shown in a legitimate manner from various sources. Don’t get conned by some ‘consultants’ who will scare you and say you have to show 30 – 40 lakhs and will then help you ‘manage’ the funds by taking 10%. Discuss with us and we will show you clearly how you can raise the funds in a proper and genuine manner. (Also Refer Question 1)

6. What happens if I have an emergency while I am studying in New Zealand?

On your first day at your institute in New Zealand you will have an orientation session with your Student Advisor.  They will give you their emergency mobile phone number; if you have an emergency you can call them for help at any time.

7. What is the cost of living in New Zealand?

The total cost depends on each your spending habits. However, a student should be able to live in New Zealand for NZ$ 15,000 a year including accommodation, transport and entertainment.

8. Is there an age limit to study in New Zealand?

There is no limit on the age of a person wishing to study in New Zealand however the New Zealand Immigration Service needs to be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student when they process the student visa application.

9. How many education institutions are there in New Zealand?

New Zealand has 8 Universities, 25 Polytechnics and/or Institutes of Technology.

10. What are Tertiary institutes?

Tertiary institutes focus on practical job oriented training. Cross-credits for courses completed at the institute can be credited to ongoing University study in most instances.

11. Are New Zealand degrees recognized internationally?

New Zealand degrees are recognized internationally and will be accepted when applying for post-graduate study in most countries.

12. How much can I earn when I work in New Zealand?

The normal hourly wage rate will be from NZ$13.00 (minimum wage) – NZ$15.00 per hour and you will have tax deducted from your wages before you receive your payment. The tax will normally work out at about 20 cents per dollar and you should be able to obtain a full tax refund at the end of the financial year in April.

13. Can I extend my student visa in New Zealand?

Yes, you can extend your student visa in New Zealand and this should get done in 1 or 2 days. You need to obtain a new school offer of place and pay the tuition fee, complete the student visa application and show that you have sufficient money or a financial sponsor to cover your living expenses in New Zealand.

14. Can my student visa be cancelled?

Yes. Your student visa can be cancelled and you can be requested to leave New Zealand if you do not meet the requirements of your student visa. The main requirements are that you must attend the classes and do not commit any crime or unlawful acts in New Zealand. If you have your student visa cancelled this is very serious issue that will be noted in your passport and you will have difficulty travelling out of your home country in the future.

15. What happens if my student visa expires?

This is very serious. You should make every effort to extend your student visa before the expiry date. If your student visa expires you have to make a special submission to the New Zealand Immigration Service. They may or may not approve your visa extension. The responsibility to extend your student visa and keep the visa current at all times is entirely yours.

16. What happens if I lose my passport?

In this situation you should report the loss to the local Police Station and then forward a copy of the Police Report your Consulate or Embassy to complete the requirements and to have a new passport issued.

17. Can my parents visit me in New Zealand?

It should be no problem for parents to apply for a visitor visa and to visit their children in New Zealand, providing they meet normal visitor visa policy requirements.

18. For how long can I study in New Zealand?

Providing you pass your course and continue to meet the requirements of your student visa you can continue to extend your visa for as long as you wish. There is no limit on the time you can spend in New Zealand as a student.

19. Bringing your spouse/dependents

In most cases the spouse and dependent children of a student can be granted a visitor visa for the same duration as their partner or parents’ stay.